Saturday, 18 December 2010

Growing Teletubbies

I first tried to weave the samples with the same colours and the extra weft, it was better but not good enough. I suppose that the basic colours were no good. I used what i had at home... Never a good starting point! Me, as a teacher encouredge my students to go for the colour they want and not use only what happens to be on your shelfs. Buy or if it not for sale, dye your own colours. So i ordered a more bluer purple and a browner red.
I'm quite happy with the result now.
There is little contrast but this is also in the original photo and is part of the special atmosphere. I'm also pleased with the sparkel in his eye! Fasinating to see your design grow on the loom! (TC1) The weaving software (Arahweave) is also a dream to work with, this would be almost impossible to in photoshop although you only 
need a bitmap to controle the loom.

No comments:

Post a comment